Recently a flooring company asked me to recreate their logo for some signage. The design firm they had been working with somehow lost the original file. I'm not really sure how that happens, but it gave me an opportunity.
The original is on top and my rendition is below. I used What The Font to figure out what typefaces were used. Imperial was Baskerville and Flooring America was Helvetica. Once I figured out the typefaces all I had to do was play with the kerning and recreate a crown. The crown proved to be the most difficult part. All in all it was a fun little project.
It has been awhile since my last post. Fall term is about to begin at the end of September. I'm signed up for Communications Design: Digital Type and UX Design Fundamentals. Speaking of UX design. I have been playing with Adobe XD ( Adobe Experience Design CC ). This is a design for my website I slapped together using it. Obviously the layout is for a phone.